Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Immigration office

On May 04, 2008 I arrived to Toronto from Vienna. I had two hours to change the plane to Vancouver. I knew it is neccesary to get visa at Immigration office and than I can continue to Vancouver.

Unfortunatelly the queue was pretty long and I realized "this will take hours!". There were 6 officer boxes, but only 2 officers inside and their work... about 20 minutes for one person asking for visa.

So I asked very politely one lady - officer if it is possible to get the visa because my plane is taking off in less than two ours. Her answer....go back to line!

My luck was that I was the first person who left the plane so finally I cought the plane to Vancouver right on time. But behind me there were another about 50 people, maybe more. If there was somebody traveling to Vancouver, he/she couldn't catch the plane. Impossible!

My advice... If you are travelling to Canada and you have to change the plane and wait for the visa, you should manage your time between two flights for several hours. It is hard to say exactly how many. Maybe 2 or 3 or 4... It depends on the officers and their willingness! Be sure, they don't care who you are and when your plane is leaving...

No comments: