Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Encounter in Vancouver

Last week I went with my friends from Switzerland to the Downtown in Vancouver. It was about 2:00 p.m. so we decided to buy hotdog for each of us. So we stopped by a trolley where hotdogs are sold. The shop assistant was very kind and while he was preparing hotdog he was asking us where are we from, etc.
When he found out that I am from Czech republic he started to speak Russian and a bit Czech. It was funny, because he knew only several words, but it was nice.
Then he told me that he is from Bulgaria and about twenty years ago he worked in Czech republic as a worker.
I should have asked him how did he get to Vancouver, why just Vancouver and if this is his final destination. Perhaps he had bad conditions for living in his country. Maybe he could have done something else and maybe he chose the right country. Anyway it was nice to meet him and talk to him. I like hotdog, so probably I will meet him again and I will ask him.

No comments: